Tree Shepherd is currently working in several areas that are experiencing intense regeneration.
We are working with a number of developers to help local people and traders through this regeneration period.
- Helping residents see opportunities in the changes that are coming.
- Creating networks of local residents who want to start a new business in their area.
- Helping businesses relocate.
- Assisting businesses in finding new premises and securing them.
- Developing business plans for affected traders.
- Providing emotional support and sign-posting for traders and residents deeply affected by regeneration.
How do we do it?
Enabling new and existing businesses to thrive.
Through our empathetic approach we help deliver a development that enables new businesses to start up and thrive and helps existing businesses to continue trading.
- Establishing local links before planning process, building trust and rapport.
- Helping traders plan for the future.
- Once planning is approved, helping traders put business plans into action.
- Helping traders find new premises and to re-locate where possible.
- Providing ongoing support post-relocation.
Developers we have worked with
Tree Shepherd is working with British Land on the re-development of Surrey Quays and the Canada Water Masterplan. We have been contracted to deliver community engagement, business workshops, clinics, and the management of a new community and business hub, THRIVE. More details about our work in Surrey Quays can be found here.
We are working with Southwark Council on the re-development of the Elephant and Castle, the site development being managed by Delanceys. We have been assisting traders throughout the entire process, forming business plans, helping, wherever possible, over 70 traders re-locate, and running courses and workshops. More information can be found here.
Tree Shepherd developed a local enterprise network in South Bermondsey to support local people into self-employment and build a stronger local economy. We delivered four Start Your Own Enterprise courses funded by Grosvenor, in collaboration with Big Local Works, South Bermondsey Partnership and United St Saviours. Read more here.
Mitie worked with Tree Shepherd to paint our co-working space GLOWS in Tulse Hill, creating a vibrant and professional office and makerspace for us to encourage entrepreneurship and give local people a space to grow their businesses. Find out more about GLOWS here.
Lendlease sponsored Tree Shepherd outreach programme ‘Enterprise Up’ through the Elephant and Castle Community Fund. This enabled us to deliver training events in Elephant and Castle which supported stall holders, kiosk operatives, independent retail and catering unit owners to re-develop their businesses in light of the pending regeneration.