From 2021 to where we stand now in 2022, so much has happened. Recovering from the effects of the pandemic has been, and continues to be a global difficulty, and for independent or small business owners it has no doubt been especially challenging. That’s why at Tree Shepherd we’ve been working that extra bit harder to make sure that each and every single one of our clients have been provided with the well-deserved and needed support over the last twelve months.
Alongside hosting training, mentoring, events and activities for people either looking to enter the world of business, or those wanting to expand upon their current enterprise – Tree Shepherd also offers affordable bright offices, meeting rooms, makerspace and free business advice for those based in SE London.
More specifically, at Thrive (one of our two workspaces) we specialise in working with entrepreneurs from low-income families from the SE16 area, and deal with all the issues that can slow a growing business down.
Thrive is also set up for start-up therapists looking for low-cost private space to provide treatments- something that is really special for our community members- both for the traders and the customers!
To summarise some of the main achievements Thrive, which is supported by British Land, who is delivering the exciting Canada Water Masterplan has accomplished in the last year…
- Exceeded the target number of new Thrive members for the year
- Engaged with 366 individuals through our Thrive Outreach programme
- Held our first Market for fifteen clients with 460 visitors
- Supported the establishment and growth of three local social enterprises
- Hosted eight different business events, from talks to networking
- Assisted fourteen local unemployed Southwark residents to begin and complete the Start-up and Thrive (SUAT) programme (ESF grant-funded enabled by ongoing support of Thrive)
- We have raised more than £7,000 above the annual target for Thrive this year!
We believe that with trust, patience and determination, everyone can have a positive impact on their community. That’s why it’s our mission to continue to create employment and transform deprived local areas into thriving communities through bringing the talents of local people and local enterprises into collaborative networks.
If you’d like to discover more about what we do at Thrive or if you’re interested in making the most of our workspaces and facilities on offer, feel free to get in touch with one of our friendly advisors or visit our website for more information.